Hello!



Hey, guys, my name is Shelby and I am 26 years old. I'm not used to making blog posts or being social for that matter. But I have a reason to try now, I suppose. (Honestly, no one will probably read this for a while but I rather not leave my new blog empty)

I recently started writing M/M paranormal romances. Books have always been a love of mine. But growing up writing had been a struggle for me. So I never bothered to write about all the stories and characters in my head.

However after two degrees in painting, one a masters degree, I finally felt confident enough to try to write a book. I know it's a bit odd to get two degrees in painting and then decide to try being an author but painting lately only seems to stress me out and leave me unhappy. So I wrote instead.

Only one month after I graduated from grad school I had finished writing my first book and after a week of editing submitted to Siren Publishing. I found submitting nerve racking. No one but me had read what I had written. None of my family would and I was beginning to drown in my doubt even before I submitted. However, a week or so later I got an email saying they wanted to publish my book. For the first time in forever, I felt confident in something I was doing.

Anyway, it's all still in process. But in a few months, Adrian's Bodyguard, the first book of my Vampires of Vadin series, will be published. (It's possible the name will change during the editing process but who knows). While working with the publisher on editing I am also working on writing book two of the series, along with the first book of another series called The Shifter Kingdom.

All that aside, I hope in the future you all will take a chance and read my book. I would love to get feedback.

PS: I am still figuring out how to use blogger and what not so be please be patient with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment